Friday, December 31, 2010

The Stanton Social

My last post for 2010!
I am grateful that I am able to try so many cuisines this year with the person I love~ ♥ I believe that it's not only the food, but also the moment that we share makes the dinning experience enjoyable. Let's discover more goodies for the year that follows ♥

We passed by this restaurant the other night, the environment looked great, we decided to come back, and here we are.


Little treats from the house, some kind of coconut dish. Sweet and soft.


First dish is Maryland Jumbo Lump Crabcake 'Corn Dogs’... hmm, it's like corn dogs without the meat

One of my favorite is this Rhode Island Style Lobster Roll. Large lobster meat and fresh, small portion tho >__<


Then is this Old School Meatballs - basil & ricotta 'manicotti'.


I think this is the signature dish, the Stanton Social Beef Wellington, filet mignon wrapped in puff pastry, with foie gras sauce. It's either this dish or the waiter, when they bring this on, I swear there is a strong smell of truffle oil. Back to the dish, it looks like those Chinese roasted pork puff pastry (maybe that's where the idea comes from). Frankly, the taste is not very impressive, the meat doesn't go well with the foie gras sauce, and the sauce is salty. :(

In comparison, this 'Chicken n' Waffles' with corn and maple syrup is much better. The syrup and corn give the dish a sweet taste.

I am 80% full by now, but how can I skip the dessert. This is Chai Crème Brulee and spiced misfortune cookies. When the waiter brings us the Chai Creme Brulee, he forgets the cookies, we are joking maybe that's where the misfortune comes from. :)
Both are good.

For everyone who sees this post, I wish you a healthy and wealthy fortune New Year!


The Stanton Social (map)
99 Stanton Street
New York, NY
(212) 995-0099

No comments:

Post a Comment

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ I would love to hear from you ✾◕ ‿ ◕✾