Monday, February 7, 2011

Delmonico's

2011 Winter Restaurant Week has started, I picked 2 restaurants for these 2 weeks~

The 1st one was Delmonico's, apparently Delmonico's building / restaurant have many 1st in the history.

Wild Mushroom Risotto, it didn't look attractive in the picture, but it tasted great! Topped with pine nuts and aged pecorino.

Seared Sea Scallop, braised veal and butternut squash

The 1867 Classic Lobster Newberg, cooked in brandy, cream and caviar. This was no joke, 2 whole lobsters cover by carrots and vegetable, the sauce was rich and so flavorful, I even dipped my fluke into it... :P

The daily market catch was fluke, I think I would appreciate it more if it's in a broth. There were white beans and sausage underneath it.

The Classic Baked Alaska was quite an artwork! It was walnut cake and banana gelato covered by some kind of cream.

Although the Chocolate Hazelnut cake looked very plain compare to the Alaska, it tasted so much better and rich in flavor, there were little crispy dots in the layer and I really enjoy it!


Delmonico's (map)
56 Beaver Street
New York, NY 10004
(212) 509-1144

No comments:

Post a Comment

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ I would love to hear from you ✾◕ ‿ ◕✾