Sunday, August 29, 2010

Brasserie

Went to Brasserie a while ago, the photos came out very noisy... I don't remember it was that dark inside...hmm


There is a bar right next to the dining tables. We were there early, the waiter seated us on a table next to the bar. Apparently some company was having happy hour that night. The music got so loud and the bar area got very crowded later, which I didn't realize until we started our meal. The waiter has done a very poor job on seating. -__-# I couldn't enjoy my meal at all!!


As to the food, we got this Freeze Ginger Carrot Soup with goat cheese. The waiter highly recommended this. I tasted the ginger and carrot, but it's only at par.


Foie Gras au Torchon with passion fruit sauce on side. The foie gras itself wasn't fascinating...


The Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, I was expecting more taste of crab meat than cake...


Pan Seared Sea Scallops with shallots was good (but it wouldn't fill my stomach...)


The Lobster Risotto with green asparagus and fava beans was also very good.


Meyer Lemon Tart with ginger ice for dessert. I like the idea of ginger ice.

All and all, this restaurant is overrated.

Brasserie (map)
100 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

No comments:

Post a Comment

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ I would love to hear from you ✾◕ ‿ ◕✾