Tuesday, August 31, 2010

David Burke Townhouse

I think I wouldn't normally come here, but since it's listed in restaurant week, I booked a table~ XD

This little place literally packed!


The complimentary starter - Tuna mousse, I wonder if it could be used as bread spread..


The appetizer of Lobster Scramble (Ostrich Style), with caviar on top. I would be trilled if the scramble was made of ostrich egg, but no.. I think they were just normal eggs served in an ostrich eggshell (this was real). I really should confirm this. :/


Pretzel Crusted Crabcake & Sweet Chili Prawn, a very cute presentation. The proportion between crab meat and cake was just right.


Handmade Cavatelli & Braised Short Ribs. The meat was soft and tasty.


The Lobster Steak, I think it could be the best dish of the night. Large lobster meat inside although the shrimp was overcooked...


Hot Strawberry Shortcake Sundae, the waiter poured the hot strawberry sauce when serving. The ice cream was melting... >__<


Orange Blossom Panna Cotta, another very good dessert. The center piece was sweet (but not very sweet) and the fruits (shredded peach & glazed cherries) were very good. :D

Overall, they have some special dishes yet for the prices they charge, I would expect some better cuisines.

David Burke Townhouse (map)
133 East 61st Street
New York, NY 10065

No comments:

Post a Comment

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ I would love to hear from you ✾◕ ‿ ◕✾