Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nougatine at Jean Georges

Back from Spain, love it!~ ^^ Maybe I will have a post about the food I had in Spain sometimes later.

Back to my dining in NY, went to Jean Georges again before the trip and tried the Prix Fixe menu. I love the small portion of each dish so I can try more of different food.


Complimentary dish, Tomato Vegetable drink & Corn


Tuna Tartare, Avocado, Spicy Radish, Ginger Marinade. I had this last time during lunch, you can tell the smaller portion by looking at the spread of the radish.


Foie Gras Brulee, Pineapple-Meyer Lemon Jam. Out of all the Foie Gras dishes I tried so far, I like this brulee style the best. ^O^


Because G is not a big fans of Foie Gras, he changed his 2nd dish to this Peekytoe Crab Cake, Celeriac Remoulade with Melon Ice, which was AWESOME. The melon ice went well with the crab meat & other ingredients.


The 3rd dish was the Slowly Cooked Salmon with Japanese Rice Cake & Cherry Tomatos in Tofu Brouth. I like the color presentation of this dish so much. The salmon was tender. I also thought this was a good size in tasting menu, as I saw the table next to us order this as an entree and that portion was huge.. >__< (well, consider this was the only entree dish, that's the right portion)


Pan Seared Beef Tenderloin, Miso Butter and Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Also had this during my lunch visit last time.


The sweet part of the night, Dessert Tasting, consisted of (from upper left clockwise) Fig Tart, Strawberry Sorbet, Jean Georges' Warm Chocolate Cake and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. All delicious as always!

Jean Georges (map)
1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023

No comments:

Post a Comment

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ I would love to hear from you ✾◕ ‿ ◕✾