Sunday, September 26, 2010

Jean Georges

After the recent visits to Jean Georges next door, I may as well post my memorable experience at the main dinning room of Jean Georges back in May.
P.S. Due to the restaurant environment, the photo quality of this set is ...um... not ideal... :(


The main dinning room is spacious, the best service I have yet came across.


It was an special occasion, I wasn't prepared and I afraid my little DC couldn't capture the beautiful of their food that night. That's being said, it was the complimentary starter. I only remember it was Fluke tartar on the right.


Sea Scallops, Caramelized Cauliflower. Their food was so fresh and tasted like no others. I love every one of their dish. ♥


Crispy Soft Shell Crab, Shiso-Yuzu mayonnaise


Sauteed Foie Gras, Young Ginger Puree & Passion Fruit.


Sweet Pea Soup, Croutons & Parmesan


Black Sea Bass with Nuts and Seeds, Sweet & Sour Jus


Maine Lobster, Potato dumplings, Smoked Butter & Pickled Chillis


The Citrus dessert platter (From upper left clockwise):
Warm Citrus Polenta with Dehydrated Grapefruit, Arugula and Crispy Fennel;
Soft Lime Gelee, Frozen Coconut, Kaffir Lime Sorbet;
Meyer Lemon Shaker Tart, Hazelnut Streusel, Meyer Lemon Sorbet;
Matcha Semi Freddo, Almond Praline, Seville Orange, Candied Kumquats (love this!)


The Rhubarb dessert platter (From upper left clockwise):
Frozen aerated Rhubarb, Creme Fraiche;
Strawberry-Rhubarb Soup, Mango, Passion Fruit and Yuzu;
Warm Honey-Rhubarb Tart, Crystallized Rose Petals;
Custard, Buckwheat Streusel.


The special dessert for our special occasion :) (how sweet is that!)


Macaron, homemade marshmellow, 2 sets of petit fours to follow.

I & G were very very pleased with our dinning tonight!


Jean Georges (map)
1 Central Park W
New York, NY 10023

No comments:

Post a Comment

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ I would love to hear from you ✾◕ ‿ ◕✾